NEMA 17 Motor | DIY FARMBOT

Hey Forum,

I wanted to know which motor can work for the farmbot

NEMA17 5.6 kg-cm Stepper Motor (With Detachable 72 CM Cable)

NEMA17 STEPPER MOTOR 7 KGCM - PREMIUM QUALITY

INVENTO 1Pcs Nema 17 4 Kg-cm Bipolar Stepper Motor For CNC Robotics DIY Projects 3D Printer

Thanks

1 Like

@RickCarlino any help?

Not sure @DAA.

I would go with the smaller one, as we have never used the larger ones. You may want to purchase one and try it out before purchasing a full set.

Dear Rick, not using larger motors is a huge mistake in the desing of farmbot. It is a machine that is exposed to the elements and x axis has no tolerance to changes in temperature, and the tiny bits of soil that can spill in to the rails can easily cause x axis to stop. Rails have to be constantly cleaned, and machine is not reliable. I am very disappointed with design and the obvious lack of some tolerance on such a long axis.

I understand that you are frustrated, @PTMU and we will provide you a refund if you are dissatisfied with the product. Please see my previous response for more information. We ask that you please do not re-open threads on the forum to discuss the same issue twice. Although we may take some time to respond to new posts, we do typically reply within 1 business day.

1 Like