Over the last few months we’ve seen a lot of great ideas, links, and knowledge/wisdom thrown around here on the forum. It would be great to start documenting this stuff more “permanently” on the FarmBot wiki so that it is easier to find down the line and so we can better share our collective wisdom with each other and future FarmBot folks.
Some of you probably already checked out the FarmBot wiki in the past. Unfortunately it was somewhat of a disaster because the MediaWiki software we were using is hard to use, ugly, and susceptible to spam.
However, as of last night, we finished our migration from MediaWiki to DokuWiki, which is a much more simple and easy to use (and still open-source) wiki platform. The official announcement goes out next week, but I figured I would let you all know sooner
Check it out here: http://wiki.farmbot.org
Some things that could be added to the wiki that I’ve seen mentioned here in the forum:
- Local resources pages (ex: FarmBot folks in Belgium)
- Lists of part vendors (where to buy M5 x 10mm screws for example)
- Documenting the various alternative FarmBot designs that have been discussed
- Farming tips and tricks (pest management, etc)
- Tool designs and ideas
- Manufacturing tips and tricks (what type of 3D printing filament to use)
The wiki belongs to everyone, so feel free to take the reigns and shape it into what you want to see created!
Note: You may come across pages that badly need reformatting. Please help out! You’ll also come across a lot of dead ends, but this is how all wikis start out, so please contribute where you can