This afternoon we deployed a new version of FarmBot OS (v8.2.0) and some improvements to the web app. Here’s the roundup of what’s new:
We developed a new telemetry system for monitoring FarmBot health. With this new system, FBOS will now send the web app network related events (AMQP disconnect, etc) as they happen and other health metrics (WiFi signal strength, etc) every 5 minutes. This will help us diagnose connectivity issues with customer installations, and we’re hoping to eventually build out a dashboard in the app so you can better diagnose issues yourself.
Additionally, Connor fixed an issue with enterprise WiFi network connections, and he also built some new internal infrastructure that we’ll be using to better test EAP connections from here on out.
When executing a sequence over a group of locations, you’ll now see improved logs indicating what iteration the sequence is on:
Fixed an issue where editing a group would cause duplicate items to be added.
Made the edit group panel scrollable for when there are many items in the group.
Made cosmetic improvements to the groups list panel (colors, padding…)
Made cosmetic updates to the box-select panel:
- The app has been upgraded to use Rails 6, along with a handful of other dependency updates.
- Increased the variable form width to better utilize space on small screens.
- Fixed a bug where the input fields on the login form couldn’t be cleared.
- Clicking the esc key will now de-select the plant in the map.
- Log type and time will now stay on one line.
- Vertical space on the regimens and sequences pages is now better utilized on small screens.
- Big thanks again to @Ascend for helping tackle a bunch of these issues!