OTA Update Failed 18 APR 2020?

Anyone else have this happen today? After OTA, FarmBot fails to boot.

Flashing the OS to the memory card to fix.

Yes, I’m having problems with the update too. I just reflashed the new OS on the memory card and reinstalled…still won’t boot up. No error notices…simply won’t sync. Last note on April 16 at 3:01am "Applying OTA update (2). Hasn’t worked since. One additional note…Logs show that the OTA update (1) was successful. OTA update (2) is where the failure occured. I did reflash current version farmbot-rpi3-9.2.2. Any ideas??

Hi,
I installed the new software and rebooted the machine. You have to run the Configurator again to get it to connect.
Once it is connected you need to Reset Zero for each axis AND do calibration runs for each axis.

Thanks John, I’ll try that!!

@socalrob @John_D

Thanks for letting us know about this. We’re having trouble pinning down the exact cause still, but can confirm an elevated number of reports after this release. Unfortunately, when we ran QA tests at FarmBot HQ, no device hit this issue, so we believe it may be caused by some local environmental or configuration issue, though we have not yet isolated the cause.

Would you mind sharing some details about your setup?

• What size / type of SDCard do you have?
  • Is auto update enabled, or did you manually hit the OTA button from the web app?
  • Are you on WiFi? If so, what is the signal strength?
  • Any other details you can think of about your setup that may be of interest.

In the meantime, if you have a device that is affected by this issue I would recommend disabling the auto update feature to avoid any unexpected downtime.

Hi Rick,
Thanks for your follow up. My Farmbot is up and running again.
To answer your questions:
*SDCard is 8gb (Same card that was included with purchase)
*Auto update was enabled.
*Yes, I’m on WiFi. Signal Strength is excellent. I have a Linksys Mesh system with a router within couple feet of my Farmbot.
*Even though I successfully reflashed my SDCard, it still wouldn’t connect on reboot. John D’s advice was perfect. I had to remove my Farmbot from my WiFi and start all over again. Once I did that, it boot up with no problems.

1 Like

HI Rick,
What size / type of SDCard do you have? I have the Sandisk Ultra 8GB that shipped with FarmBot

• Is auto update enabled, or did you manually hit the OTA button from the web app? Auto Update was enabled. After manually installing 9.2.2 I turned off Auto-Update.
  • Are you on WiFi? If so, what is the signal strength? WiFi. Orbi RBS 50. Hi Strength. The Orbi is in my shed approx 20’ direct line of site to FarmBot through a glass door. The RBS 50 has a GIGe ethernet backhaul line to the RBR-50 router.
  • Any other details you can think of about your setup that may be of interest. None. The log said the OTA tried to run at 0309 AM. After doing a manual load of the software, FarmBot worked OK.

Happy to answer any more questions.

1 Like

Thanks John!