Position for seed tray

I’m installing tools and for the seed bin the documentation says:

If you plan to load a seed container into the slot, use coordinates for when FarmBot’s seed injector needle will be positioned to pick up a seed from the container.

So what do I need to do for the seed tray? It has 16 possible coordinates to pick up seeds.

Hi @GuidoCram,

I’m not sure I understand your question- are you trying to set the coordinates of your seed tray? The best way to do that is to move the seed injector to exactly where it needs to be (manually), make a note of the position, and then update the coordinates in the tools panel.

A few notes:

• FarmBot Express requires the seed bin to be marked as “Gantry Mounted”.
  • Older versions of FBOS do not support gantry mounted tools, so it is important to be on the latest version (v9.2.1 at the time of writing).

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if not.

The “where it is” is the problem. The seed tray has 16 positions to pick up seeds. Which one should I point the needle of de seeder to?

(Genesis 1.4)

The documentation says “use coordinates for when FarmBot’s seed injector needle will be positioned to pick up a seed”. The tray has 16 positions to pick up seeds… Should I point it to A1?

You can go about this two ways right now, as the app doesn’t have super streamlined support for the seed trays (with 16 spaces) at the moment.

Option 1: Point it to A1. Then when you are picking up seeds from a sequence, use a MOVE TO command with the location set to the seed tray to pick up from A1. To pick up from any of the other spaces (A2, A3, A4, B1, etc), add X and Y offsets to the command.

Option 2: Make individual slots and tools for every space you want to use. Title them something like “Seed Tray 1 - A1”

1 Like

Ah, that explains it. Thanks!

1 Like