Red light not on , Raspberry pI 3 v1.5 GENESIS Xl

I hope you are very well,

We cannot get a stable red light on the Raspberry Pi. We flashed the microchip, reconfigured it, and switched power outlets to no avail. Please advise. Thank you.
Raspberry Pi 3 , Genesis XL V1.5

@GCB Can you try a new SD card. Sometimes the SD cards can go bad or corrupt.

Please re-flash the SD card with the latest software.

Follow these instructions:

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions, Marc. You are appreciated. I regained connectivity; however, the farmbot is not executing the sequences. There are no error messages ( failed to start). Any suggestions, please?

Hello again,

I am getting error messages when trying to execute sequences. Problem sensing RPC command ( timeout ;, GenServer call Farmbot OS firmware UART Core [start_job, Farmbot OS .Firmware GCode ( command;F13 , echo:nil,params: string`F13 00 600000}]

Please advise.

Hi @GCB,
The FarmbotOS detected a time-out for a command sent to the Farmduino firmware.

• What was the most recent command sent to your bot ?
  • What are the commands/operations that will complete successfully on your bot ?

edit

I think the command that has failed was HOME Z-AXIS

Movement issues with Z-axis has many posts in this Forum ( use the search box at the top to find them ) :slight_smile:

• What was the most recent command sent to your bot? A) Watering sequence; and B) move to a specific location. Result: B) worked , A) did not
  • What are the commands/operations that will complete successfully on your bot ? B) move to a specific location, C) find axes length for all three axes

Best regard,

@GCB That’s useful.

Does your bot’s Z-axis move smoothly up and down over the full travel length ?

Also, I forgot to mention that the FarmBot Inc. on-line documentation is very useful.
There’s a troubleshooting section for Axis Movement issues :slight_smile:

Hello, I hope you are well. Yes, the bot will move to a specific location; however, it will not execute a sequence. We have received two error messages,

1. Problem sensing RPC command ( timeout ;, GenServer call Farmbot OS firmware UART Core [start_job, Farmbot OS .Firmware GCode ( command;F13 , echo:nil,params: string`F13 00 600000}]

2. {:timeout, {GenServer, :call, [FarmbotOS.Firmware.UARTCore, {:start_job, %FarmbotOS.Firmware.GCode{command: :G00, echo: nil, params: [X: 1.1e3, Y: 709.8, Z: 0,

Please advise

You need to address this question.

Thank you for your time and effort. Yes, if we select a plant position, the bot will move on all 3 axes . Also,. I have set the lengths of all axes including z. The issue is with the sequence execution . The Farmbot was accidentally unplugged while finishing the watering a sequence ( return home) and it has not been able the execute the watering sequence since this occured. I posted the error messages and we have flashed the OS. I am ordering a new micro SD in case our current card is damaged internally.

Ok, great.

The error messages do indicate a possible issue with the Farmduino firmware or with the hardware serial comms path between the Farmduino and the Raspberry Pi.
You could try a replacement USB cable first, else, it may be wiser to contact FarmBot Inc. for some tele-help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.