RPi3 Voltage = UnderVoltage or Throttled?

When selecting Device -> Farmbot OS -> hover above version, the message box indicates a yellow dot next to RPi3 Voltage. Yellow dot = UnderVoltage and/or Throttled.

Do I need to worry about this?

Tx

@ClosedCircuit You do not need to worry about this. Under voltage issues were a much bigger problem in the v1.2 days and for DIY setups. It is almost unheard of for this to be an issue in newer kits.

1 Like

Good to know. Many thanks @RickCarlino!

1 Like

It would be good if it would be possible to reset the “Low Voltage” message manually. Like that you will see if it happens again. If the message is staying active from the startup you will never know if it happend afterwards.

1 Like

I see that the original picture has yellow dots for Under Voltage and/or Throttled. @RickCarlino Is it still not an issue for the dots to be red?

You can also see my original post here. Thank you @ClosedCircuit for directing me to this post for discussion.

1 Like

@natalieecrosby The UnderVoltage indicator is a diagnostic code used by FarmBot employees to diagnose very specific problems that only apply to a subset of users. Unfortunately, it can give some false positive readings.

Put in a different way, the low voltage indicator is not a preventative diagnostic. It is a piece of additional information that can help us diagnose other issues in the system.

Are you having any noticeable problems that prevent your FarmBot from doing garden work? If not, it can be ignored.

1 Like