Running before I can walk - FarmBot Infinity

My brackets are still printing (because I’ve got belt clips and z-axis motor mount and a few other things all on the one print bed).
They are being printed in PETG because I ran out of ABS and it’s really ‘blobby’. I’ll figure that out though.

Printed this yesterday;

V1.1 will be designed in the next hour and then it’ll be printed today.

3 Likes

This is the PETG print.
The raft stuck too well to the prints so a few items ended up in the trash :disappointed:

This another type of PETG filament printed.
This was at 240deg.

It printed in the enclosure at 235deg.
But I reckon I’ve had a break through printing PETG today.

Update in the AM.

Productivity central

This is V2.0 of one of the (10) connector supports to suspend the 18m rails of FBMAX.
The connector supports are designed (I have a new design already…) to suspend the 18m span much like a bridge truss.
This image shows the connector upside down.
This is the printed version of the CAD image in post #2 up above.

1 Like

Wow great results at printing! Now I’m jealous about printer enclosures as they make the prints so much easier. I’ve built an enclosure by myself for printing ASA parts for Farmbot, but thats clearly not the same print quality as yours.

I wonder how your white PETG is that colorful, mine is always mostly transparent, similar as your light green one …

Ascend, you’re too kind!
It’s not all beer and skittles here though, my Horizontal Cable Carrier 10x print failed miserably!
This was just this morning.

It’s been a journey printing PETG for sure.
As it turns out, the printer enclosure is a blessing for ABS and a curse for PETG.
As I’ve now figured out, I had poor adhesion between layers due to a cold tip temp, but I couldn’t get a hotter top temp (when using the enclosure) or is end up with the filament not adhering to the previous layers.

In this picture, it’s obvious where I figure it all out;

As for the colours, I’m using eSun filament only and they do translucent and solid colours.

I’ll be honest I’m a big fan of ABS and ordered two more rolls yesterday.

This is how the proof of concept cross slide looks.
Original idea
V3 with hardware installed
image image
Very happy with the outcome.
The cross slide plate is a combination of ABS green/red and PETG white because I had too do two filament changes mid print.
The cross slide top assembly is PETG translucent green.
I’ve ordered a green filament in ABS for the final print… if I do a final print! This version will undoubtedly make its way onto my first Farmbot.

4 Likes