Seeding - Thoughts and ideas

One of the bigger ones.

Ok I mostly use the smallest needle. I would check your suction power and there is no blockages. Have you tried what I suggested?

1 Like

Without trying what you suggest (suppose youā€™re referring to the cleaning), I tested the suction power. There is no problem there. I think Iā€™ll try to compile a video of my observations. That might give a better understanding of what I am observing. But is it correctly understood that picking up seeds works perfectly for you?

2 Likes

No not perfectly. I donā€™t often plant 45+ seeds at a time usually max 10-15 and that usually works. If it doesnā€™t I go through the steps I told you.

Question because I donā€™t own an Express. Do you have any any spare periferal ports on it?

It would be great to see a video @jensGeorgsen.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried adding a small suction cup on the end of the needle? Iā€™ve seen these used for SMT soldering, for example. They come in a variety of sizes. This is a ā€œlargerā€ from Zeph:

apk6

http://www.zeph.com/zt3web.htm

1 Like

Iā€™ve had similar experiences to the ones in this discussion and I saw that someone else has published a tool also. I didnā€™t see that previously and Iā€™ve created a digging tool and a hole filling tools and published them on Thingiverse. Hope they are useful to some of you.

Jack

5 Likes

Great work. Pity I have an Express. I may need to upgrade it if seeding doesnā€™t work properly.

Thank you. The improvement was dramatic for me. Its nice to see the seeds dropping directly into the hole.

1 Like