Set 'no-go' zone

In order to achieve the FBINF concept I’d like to have a horizontal brace at the mid-point of FBMAX.
That is to say, at FBMAX rail height (18m rails) will be a 20x40 rail spanning the 3m gap.
This is neccessary as we are effectively building the 18m rails as a bridge-span.

With the current FB software, is it possible to program a region of the garden bed as out of bounds?

If not, I will have to build the brace above z-axis height, however this is undesireable as it adds windage and weight.

Cheers,
Adam.

1 Like

We’re aware of the problem and have planned some features to support this sort of thing:

We have not started work on this feature yet, but it is on the roadmap.

4 Likes

Thanks Rick

hello, this post is a bit older, but i am looking for a way to define no-go zones. are there any updates?

@Kay We don’t have no-go zones yet, but we do have a “SAFE-Z” feature that will retract the gantry to whatever SAFE HEIGHT you set in the device settings panel- would that solve your issue?

I’ve been looking into it a little bit. I think it can solve my problem.

One more question about it: I want to define an “area”. Do I have to define a lot of points with the “SAFE-Z” feature or can I connect the points somehow to an area (as shown in the picture)?

@Kay It is possible to define custom areas, but we only support squares right now, not polygons.

Here’s an example:

You then perform actions against this “zone” by passing the zone to an EXECUTE block. The EXECUTE block will expand and run against every point in the group.

Does that help?

2 Likes

Hi guys,
I was also thinking about this, if there is an item that can define multiple no go regions {X,Y,Z,X1,Y1,Z1} in settings page, such as {0,0,0,100,100,200};{200,1000,0,500,1000,200};… It may replace SAFE HEIGHT. And there can be more definition zones.
For example, we can define the 3-axis stereo coordinates of the UTM tool bay as no-go region, so that manual control or program control errors can be stopped automatically, thus avoiding UTM crashes.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting idea @JoeHou We would need to add a SAFE MOVE option to the MOVE block command so that you could still move into a “danger zone” intentionally, such as when grabbing a tool.

I will pass this idea along to the team.

1 Like

Thank you @RickCarlino and your team for always enthusiastically supporting various requirements! :heart_eyes:

1 Like