Hi FarmBot community
We have just ordered a Farmbot Genesis XL and are beginning to plan our raised bed (very exciting!). We have an idea for a farmbot modification that we would like your thoughts on.
The problem: Much of the bed area of the Genesis XL is not reachable within an arm’s length.
The proposal: To add an ‘aisle’ down the center of the bed so that beds can be accessed from both sides, maximising reachable area while maintaining a large overall planting area, as shown in the diagram below.
Of course we understand that the system is designed for a rectangular bed and there will be a certain degree of management/care required with this unusual setup (I.e. not planting seeds in mid air!).
- Is reachable area a real problem for Genesis users? Do you wish that your bed was more accessible or does FarmBot really do all the work so you only have to harvest? !!!
- I am aware of the importance of frame rigidity and would consider including cross beams (shown grey) to ensure constant track separation distance. Do you forsee rigidity being a problem nonetheless?
- Outside of rigidity is this likely to cause other hardware issues?
- Outside of midair planting (manageable) Is this likely to cause any other software issues?
- Is this likely to cause any planting/growth issues?