I’m a college student conducting research in sustainable agriculture and farming. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to lend some of their time to answer the questions that I have? I know they may be broad, but please feel free to answer them however you like. There are 13 questions and it would really be of huge help if anyone could volunteer (My goal is to get 5 interviewee).
Please message me or comment on this post and I will reach out to you!
Here are the questions:
- How long have you or your family been farming?
- What are your go-to solutions when you encounter problems at the farm?
- What are difficulties you face while farming?
- Do you think you need help in finding solutions in the problems you encounter at the farm?
- What kind of farming support [financial, community, risk management, locating market opportunities, food safety, mentorship/apprenticeship] do you receive on a regular basis?
- Where do you seek assistance from (financial, farming-related questions, troubleshooting)?
- How familiar are you with different farming techniques? (Literacy of farmers in farming techniques) [Ex: Agroforestry, Crop Rotations, Mixed/Inter-cropping, Polyculture, Water Harvesting]
- What kind of farming style/techniques do you implement? Why?
- Do you believe in sustainable agriculture? Why or why not?
- What farming communities are you associated with, if any?
- Would you encourage your family and friends to pursue farming as a career/occupation?
- What do you think makes you successful as a farmer? OR What hinders you from farming?
If you have extra time, my group and I would also deeply appreciate it if you filled this short 5-10 minute survey out as well.
Thank you for taking the time to read this!