I would like to use the AT&T Send email-to-text function to send myself a text message when the Farmbot throws an error. Unfortunately, the “Send Message” uses the email associated with the account for sending emails. If the Send Message had an email address field, a user could send texts to any phone number using an email to text account.
Alternatively, Farmbot could implement a send text using the same background interface, but have a @URL field for the various carriers:
- AT&T: email@example.com for a normal text message (SMS), or firstname.lastname@example.org for a multimedia message (MMS)
- Verizon: email@example.com for both SMS and MMS messages
- Sprint PCS: firstname.lastname@example.org for both SMS and MMS messages
- T-Mobile: email@example.com for both SMS and MMS messages
- Virgin Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org for both SMS and MMS messages