V4.0.0 Software Update

It would be really helpful in general for the absolute move command if you’d be able to move axes selectively. For example, if you’d just leave Z blank, the bot would treat it as a 0 relative move; it wouldn’t change, while X and Y would move absolutely. Oftentimes I’ve found myself using absolute move and then having to copy the Z from previous moves to keep it from changing. Then if I need to change the Z earlier in the sequence, I have to change all the move actions.

I know this could be resolved by using relative moves, but then absolute moves quickly lose their usability; you’d likely use them only at the beginning of a sequence.

Any plans for selectively toggling axes per absolute move command?

Other than that: this is amazing. If all the things you mentioned as official feature for this release work (and I say so cautiously, I know software development is an endless cycle sometimes…), then this is the update everyone has been waiting for!

Do you want us to provide feedback here, or shall we open an issue on GitHub to gather all the feedback for this version?

1 Like