Water pressure regulation

We have high water pressure in our city (~100 psi).
Because of this, I was concerned that the water supply tubes would eventually rupture.
So, I added a hose bib pressure reducer to bring the supply pressure down to the 40 to 50 psi range.
I went to a local RV parts store and purchased a $12 pressure reducer and connected it to the water supply line.
See the three videos for more detail…

VidClip #1:

Or paste:
#www.dropbox.com/s/555w9sxtdjxgb0f/20190516_155920.mp4?dl=0

VidClip #2:

Or paste:
#www.dropbox.com/s/ni96927yu7ulmnf/20190516_160335.mp4?dl=0

VidClip #3:

Or paste:
#www.dropbox.com/s/h1qzr4b2qs793wz/20190516_161456.mp4?dl=0

1 Like

Tony,

Can you specify the model number in your post so that it will be easy for others to order this component?

Marc

The regulator I used is:
https://www.valterra.com/product/water-regulator-brass-lead-free-bulk/?pcat_id=1229

I purchased it at a local RV Store.
Easy to find online, too

They also make an adjustable version, but it was more expensive. I will consider this if the hoses still show signs of bulging in a week or so…

Thanks, great tip to look in the RV section… the normal housewater pressure ripped the soft hose apart on my Farmbot. Luckily right by the end. I only found the adjustable one nearby for $77. My adventure continues…

Troy,

How high do you think the water pressure is in your town?

Marc

It must be up around 75 or 100 psi. I don’t have a tester but I can try to find out. I did find a $22 pres-set (40 to 50 psi) water pressure regulator option from Canadian Tire:

I also have the same problem with you and I bought RVAQUA M11-45PSI Water Pressure Regulator which can adjustable water pressure up to 160 PSI. I am really satisfied. I think you can try it.

2 Likes

If everyone wants to find more information about RVAQUA M11-45PSI Water Pressure Regulator can read more in The Best RV Water Pressure Regulator (https://www.smartrving.net/best-rv-water-pressure-regulators/)

3 Likes

On my trip in last summer, I found that water leaking on the floor of my trailer. I thought it was a leaking hot water heater. I found water leaking from my winterizing pump intake hose valve and the tiny filter on the water pump. I fixed it by installing a new water pressure regulator. The one that I used is Camco 40058, I set the pressure to 40 psi and the leaks stopped. I could not tell what the incoming psi was but it must have been high.

My V1.2 Bot shipped with a pvc landscaping pressure reducer that drops the pressure to 25 PSI. I am also considering putting an adjustable flow reducer down stream of the solenoid to throttle the flow to the watering head.

You can consider this water pressure regulation that I have used. This product can offer protection to your equipment, thereby extending its life. It can also minimize the risk of hose failure.

1 Like