What is tool verification

What does the tool verification do? It appears that mine is not working. See screencast.

@jorrflv

Did you review this documentation?

I have, and then I have now read the new documentation and whenever i have a tool mounted it always reads “no tool” all the wiring and everything has been triple checked… What am i missing?

@Marc any other thought on this… tool sensor and soil sensor still not working properly.

It is possible that when your tools get mounted, the screw heads on top of the tool are not making electrical contact with the UTM’s pogo pins. You might try adding a small washer in between the screw head and the plastic tool to help bridge that gap better and ensure the screw head contacts and depresses the pogo pin when the tool is mounted.

It is also possible the pogo pins were depressed but didn’t spring back out like they should. Perhaps due to debris. You might try pressing them in quite a bit and releasing by hand, and adding small bit of lubricant of some sort to ensure they pop back out all the way after a tool is mounted.

I don’t know if the following can help you, but the default “Mount Tool” sequence that came pre-loaded with my new Genesis XL 1.5 showed “Tool verification -> is -> 1”.

Changing that from 1 to 0 solved my tool verification issues.

My mount tool sequence now shows the following:

Ditto, looked like default is reversed

@RickCarlino
Ok I tried the washer trick and it did not work.

Now, Even when a tool is mounted, i.e. water tool and I hit “Read tool” on the farmbot controls tab, it returns no tool.

Hello Jonathan,

Do you have a multimeter? Are you able to perform continuity tests?

Can you do a continuity test from the pogo pins back to the UTM cable and see if you have any breaks in the continuity that may be causing issues with your tool mount verificiations.

1 Like

I didn’t get any continuity on the pins themselves so I disconnect the wires from the UTM. I tested green and yellow directly on the wire and still got no continuity

I found the problem I think… look at the connector the wires are not seeded to the bottom of the connector…

1 Like

@RickCarlino @Marc Will you guys need to send me a new UTM wire?

Yes, we can send you a new UTM cable. With some adjustment you may be able to complete a repair yourself. We will message you directly.