Can I build farmbot with some CNC parts I already have?

@Itanc1 DIY users represent a small percent of our user base, but they are out there (and on the forum) if you search for them. Here’s one example: First DIY Farmbot in China There’s also a user in India who is building a heavily modified design: Farmbot India users - #4 by ramesh_sharma

Before FarmBot was a company and we were just a couple of folks building plans and software online, the global FarmBot count was probably less than 20. Building and sourcing a FarmBot from parts is possible, but not as easy as just buying an official kit. Many of the folks who have the skills (and initiative) to take on a DIY FarmBot are not going to necessarily be interested in posting their work online, or providing detailed accounts of their work.

It’s possible. We’ve seen plenty of it. If you are dead set on doing a DIY build, my advice would be to focus on the v1.2 model, since that has the highest number of off-the-shelf components. It is still 100% compatible with the software we publish today, despite being a ~8-year-old design. Building a newer model, such as the upcoming v1.6, is certainly possible also, but there are far more injection molded parts and custom circuit boards to build.