Enable bore-scope camera on v1.3

Hi,
How do I enable the bore-scope camera, I have farmbot 1.3 hardware

The borescope camera is enabled by default. If it is not working, try:

• Viewing any error logs on the logs page after pressing the Take Photo button (with log page filtering off)
  • Making sure the USB connector is plugged in to the Raspberry Pi
  • Making sure USB Camera is selected as the camera type in the Device widget
  • Unplugging the connector and plugging it back in (a different port or reboot can also be tried)
  • Connecting the camera without the USB adapter
  • Plugging the camera into a different device

Please share any camera error log messages you encounter here. You may also search the forum for related error messages.

If you determine that the USB camera or USB adapter cable is broken after troubleshooting, you can email support@farm.bot to inquire about replacement parts.

I too am having issues with the camera. I have tested the camera and the adapter on another device and they work perfectly. I have v1.4. When asked to take a photo, I receive an error message stating: Error taking Photo and the following log.

Can you quickly describe your system? Is it a farmbot delivered 1.4 kit?

Yes it is the stock out of the box v1.4.

Do you get a log message when you select the camera in the Devices menu in the camera drop down as USB Camera?

This is what I get when I choose USB camera. I do not get anything in the logs.

Your issue sounds more like a software error. I’d try to reinstall the TAKE PHOTO farmware or even reinstall the OS by flashing and configurating the SD card.

I have had to reinstall the OS multiple times for other reasons and this problem is always present. When I attempt to reinstall the Farmware (or any other farmware for that matter) I recive another error message. @Gabriel, any idea what might be happening here?

The error CS Failed: [install_first_party_farmware] - :closed could be caused by a network access issue. See this topic for a similar error (CS Failed: [install_farmware] - :closed).