Farmbot Factory reset after update to 9.0.0

Yesterday, life got in the way and I didn’t get time to fault find the Farmbot. This morning I started yesterday’s fault finding. I performed a reset of the Raspberry Pi using the “restart Farbot” option in the Device page of the web app, then used the “find home” options for Z, Y and X in the Device page of the web app. I then ran the sequences (pick up watering tool, put away watering tool), which completed with no errors.
It looked like there were no hardware errors, so I then sucessfully completed a watering sequence.
I then told the Farmbot to start one sequence, and while it was executing, I told the Farmbot to start another sequence.
This totally threw a spanner in the works, the farmbot behaved erratically, got the various stages of the sequences out of order etc.
I have deduced from this that there must be no mechanism for the Farmbot to queue up sequences.
This was not really unexpected, and during nomal operation wouldn’t happen as long as my schedule allows time for each sequence to complete before another starts.

Just to finish this off from my pov, this morning my Farmbot went through the various plant waterings etc, without error.
The errors that I usually see with the Farmbot disconnecting and reconnecting overnight were also greatly reduced.
There was only one error reported during the night, it was: “AMQP connection exit”.
AMQP is, I think, a connection protocol used to multiplex connections over a single TCP connection. There are a few versions of AMQP, I’m not sure which Farmbot is using.
http://www.amqp.org/resources/download
Anyway that’s only a FYI, on the whole, fingers crossed, things are going swimmingly.

@dmbgo

There was only one error reported during the night, it was: “AMQP connection exit”.

This happens when the TCP connection to the message broker (AMQP) breaks. As long as it does not happen too frequently, it can be ignored. Seeing this message too often is a sign you may need a WiFi extender or a cat-5 connection, although the message is occasionally seen even with excellent connectivity. Even the FarmBot in my office will get the message occasionally.

If you are curious about AMQP, you can learn more about it in the FarmBot Software Developer Documentation.

I agree that the queuing error is confusing and have created a bug report on Github to investigate the matter further.

1 Like

@RickCarlino, i confirm you that i had no issue related of factory reset since the upgrade.

Thanks s lot for your help.

2 Likes