[FARMWARE] Mother's Little Helper (MLH)


#61

Hey @etcipnja sad to see that you’re in winter sleep mode… why did your bot die?


#62

That’s really sad.
MLH was the thing that made farmbot to what it should have been.
I guess I have to build with sequences then… with 132 plants that’s a lot of fun :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope I can tinker a way around putting all this plants by hand but copy & paste them via postgreSQL…

What’s MD by the way?


#63

Thank you for the kind words. And I guess nobody tried the iWatering mode with weather station integration yet. This was the most fun part.

MD=Maryland, USA

BTW: May be FB developers consider MLH to be an essential firmware and verify that updates are not breaking it? Just a thought :slight_smile:


#64

well, first it started to reboot out of blue. I thought that it may be due to excessive drain from the battery/solar. I switched back to AC. Some time later AC power supply died so I had to switch back to the battery and now I can’t even login to the FB even though the LEDs are on (and no setup wifi visible). I decided to not tinker with it this season as “winter is coming” anyway.

Thank you,
Eugene


#65

Maybe i can take a deeper look into that, my SD-cardreader died from oxidation so I got myself a brandnew Raspberry 3b+. I’m excited to get that bot running again :seedling:.

Alright, i checked the functionality on master and staging server because I don’t use a local server. Looks like the farmware is still running on the official sever but may cause problems on self hosted ones. We’ll see if its just something else like a config error.


#66

No I am so sorry. It is working now. I don’t know what I have done wrong before, but now it MLH 2.4.18 is running just fine.
You still have to change https into http on your personal server without https certificates - for all the other ones with self hosting servers reading this…


#67

Does anyone know how to resolve the error message of:
" [MLH] Something went wrong: ‘<’ not supported between instances of ‘dict’ and ‘dict’"

thanks :slight_smile:


#68

Guys, really sorry that I can’t help. I am in winter hibernation. I promise to come back to you in spring!

Eugene


#69

no problem, this is the error log if it helps when you de-frost :slight_smile:


#70

My guess is an errant less than symbol has gotten itself inserted inside of a dictionary instantiation. Without digging into the Python code, I won’t know much more, but there’s a starting point for you :slight_smile:


#71

Hi, I’ve spent some hours troubleshooting this issue (mlh version: 2.4.18). Plant distribution affects this. As long as you keep “safe” or “zig zag” plant distribution in farm designer - you’ll avoid having this issues. see attached pic

My hypothesis why this issue is concurring is that x,y,z coordinates are stored as dictionary values {x,y,z}. MLH makes measurements / comparison / sorting of plants to calculate & execute movements to individual plans. At some point it tries to compare position, without converting the dictionary values into integers. If I knew a bit more about python or how to debug farmware, I would look into this piece of code from MLH where I think this might be happening
def sort_plants(self, plants):
totalDist = 0
tr = sorted(plants, key=lambda elem: (int(elem[‘x’]), int(elem[‘y’])))
bl = sorted(plants, key=lambda elem: (int(elem[‘x’]), int(-elem[‘y’])))
dist, cur=min([ (self.distance(self.head,p), p) for p in (tr[0], tr[-1], bl[0], bl[-1])])
path = [cur]
for i in range(1,len(plants)):
dists = [(self.distance(cur,p), p) for p in plants if p not in path]
nextDist, cur = min(dists)
totalDist += nextDist
path.append(cur)

    return path