[FARMWARE] Mother's Little Helper (MLH)

Hey @etcipnja sad to see that you’re in winter sleep mode… why did your bot die?

That’s really sad.
MLH was the thing that made farmbot to what it should have been.
I guess I have to build with sequences then… with 132 plants that’s a lot of fun :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope I can tinker a way around putting all this plants by hand but copy & paste them via postgreSQL…

What’s MD by the way?

Thank you for the kind words. And I guess nobody tried the iWatering mode with weather station integration yet. This was the most fun part.

MD=Maryland, USA

BTW: May be FB developers consider MLH to be an essential firmware and verify that updates are not breaking it? Just a thought :slight_smile:

1 Like

well, first it started to reboot out of blue. I thought that it may be due to excessive drain from the battery/solar. I switched back to AC. Some time later AC power supply died so I had to switch back to the battery and now I can’t even login to the FB even though the LEDs are on (and no setup wifi visible). I decided to not tinker with it this season as “winter is coming” anyway.

Thank you,
Eugene

Maybe i can take a deeper look into that, my SD-cardreader died from oxidation so I got myself a brandnew Raspberry 3b+. I’m excited to get that bot running again :seedling:.

Alright, i checked the functionality on master and staging server because I don’t use a local server. Looks like the farmware is still running on the official sever but may cause problems on self hosted ones. We’ll see if its just something else like a config error.

1 Like

No I am so sorry. It is working now. I don’t know what I have done wrong before, but now it MLH 2.4.18 is running just fine.
You still have to change https into http on your personal server without https certificates - for all the other ones with self hosting servers reading this…

Does anyone know how to resolve the error message of:
" [MLH] Something went wrong: ‘<’ not supported between instances of ‘dict’ and ‘dict’"

Guys, really sorry that I can’t help. I am in winter hibernation. I promise to come back to you in spring!

Eugene

no problem, this is the error log if it helps when you de-frost :slight_smile:

My guess is an errant less than symbol has gotten itself inserted inside of a dictionary instantiation. Without digging into the Python code, I won’t know much more, but there’s a starting point for you :slight_smile:

Hi, I’ve spent some hours troubleshooting this issue (mlh version: 2.4.18). Plant distribution affects this. As long as you keep “safe” or “zig zag” plant distribution in farm designer - you’ll avoid having this issues. see attached pic

My hypothesis why this issue is concurring is that x,y,z coordinates are stored as dictionary values {x,y,z}. MLH makes measurements / comparison / sorting of plants to calculate & execute movements to individual plans. At some point it tries to compare position, without converting the dictionary values into integers. If I knew a bit more about python or how to debug farmware, I would look into this piece of code from MLH where I think this might be happening
def sort_plants(self, plants):
totalDist = 0
tr = sorted(plants, key=lambda elem: (int(elem[‘x’]), int(elem[‘y’])))
bl = sorted(plants, key=lambda elem: (int(elem[‘x’]), int(-elem[‘y’])))
dist, cur=min([ (self.distance(self.head,p), p) for p in (tr[0], tr[-1], bl[0], bl[-1])])
path = [cur]
for i in range(1,len(plants)):
dists = [(self.distance(cur,p), p) for p in plants if p not in path]
nextDist, cur = min(dists)
totalDist += nextDist
path.append(cur)

return path
1 Like

Just ran into the same error again trying to simply water all plants.
It still seems to work with earlier versions of MLH. Just try out the dev branch:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/etcipnja/MLH/dev/MLH/manifest.json

This one doesn’t work for me with wildcards :frowning: did you filter any other field?

This one works great for me:

Growing season has returned!!

I can confirm the 2.3.10 dev worked for me, but the 2.4.18 production did not. Perhaps I can find time to poke around in the near future.

Hey Eugene @etcipnja when does your spring season start? :smiley: :wave:

Hi Eugene (@etcipnja)

I’m getting those errors while I try to sequence watering of the plants, could you help me here?

Thanks,
Marcin

I had the same issue, ended up writing a new farmware to do loops, and waypoint calculation. I just put it up online, PowerLoop Farmware forum post here.

I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts. First release!