Revise the task queue mechanism

Thanks for your detailed response.

Have you considered users aren’t using Regimens because without a rework, they offer little value? As a power user, I find they offer me little because they do not fully work as intended.

My prime example is having a single Radish regimen that 10 groups of 3 radish plants use. With a Farm Event, I stagger the start date for each group but they all use the same regimen. The problem that arises is that they all use the same time-of-day to perform their tasks.

This fact, in combination with the scheduling mechanism, makes it so Regimens are not useful to me currently. So I will likely stop using regimens which only strengthens your belief they are not useful.

But you are wrong (respectfully). I think Regimens and Farm Events are probably the two killer features of FarmBot and users must be educated on their use. Give users some radish seeds with their kits and instruct them to grow staggered groups of radishes. They’ll quickly understand why regimens are so great.

But, one more thing that needs to be fixed is being able to specify which subsequences should loop and which shouldn’t (see Nested sequences and Plant Groups), because currently my bot is mounting and unmounting the watering nozzle for every single radish and there is no way around that at the moment!

1 Like