Thanks for your reply. I’ve run a few tests and my encoders and motors are working fine now. The measured distance is 100mm and the values seems to be correct either.
I was also able to adress the issue with the raised bed dimensions. I totally forgot that I had enabled the
dynamic map size
setting, since I don’t use the entire length of the Y axis. I disabled it, entered the axis length parameters manually and my raised bed in the FarmDesigner is now displayed correctly.
Despite of that the manual calibration process outputs negative values every time. Also if I use the corrected values.
Since I use 8 microsteps it appears that an overflow occures during the calibration process.
Correct me if I’m wrong but with 40 steps per mm, FarmBot has to count 1200mm x 40 steps = 48 000 steps for the Y axis during calibration. Since there was a limit with the value 32 000 in the web app, I’m not sure if the calibration process is affected by it. But that would explain why the 2 microstep settings worked since the don’t exceeded the value 32 000.
Unfurtunately when I use these setting FarmBot doesn’t accelerate and deccelerate anymore. It doesn’t matter if
use encoders for positioning is enabled or not. I know these are just asthetic things and don’t impact the functionallity at all, but it would be interesting to know what it is caused by.
Thanks again @Ascend for helping me and have a great weekend!