Sync, movement issues and errors everywhere!

Don’t know about getting from WebApp but if you can reach the FarmBot device console, you can see it there . . ( but then, I suppose if you have console access you don’t need the diagnostic dump :expressionless: )

Noticed a little bug around DiagnosticDump objects also :slight_smile: ( see highlighted log record )

1 Like

@Cjaramillogrows

Is there a way I can obtain the diagnostic recordings from the FarmBot web app?

Diagnostic dumps can help isolate hardware problems, but they’ve not been useful for debugging network config issues. We stopped giving users access to diag dumps because they were uploading them to the forum (and contain sensitive data). I can pull yours up and email it to you privately if you would like, but again, we’ve never seen anything useful in a diag dump with regards to network problems. A better option would be to buy an FTDI cable or enable SSH (your IT dept. may not appreciate SSH use).

Is the FarmBot getting a new IP address? … its possible … assign the FarmBot its own registered IP address

Presumably, that would be handled by your DHCP server so I can’t say for sure. We do support static IPs (you will need to re-configurate) and it might be worth trying if it is easy for your local IT staff. Lots of schools / enterprises do this for their devices due to local network issues. Stay tuned for network updates in FBOS v8.

@connor will take a look at your device momentarily (if we’re able to connect to it).

1 Like

Two things about this,

1. i don’t personally believe your problem is WiFi related. I don’t have much to back this up on other than looking at your connection stats. Your signal strength as of the time i looked is about 50%, not great not terrible. I could be completely wrong on this though.
  2. Express supports usb ethernet adapters.

Farmbot by default uses DHCP. DHCP servers usually allow allocating an ip address to a device as specified by a mac address. The mac address can be found during configuration time. Farmbot also supports static IPs. Your IT dept should know how to set either of these options up. It’s router/network specific.

1 Like

Not sure about that, following the move from Nerves Network-ing to Vintage Net-working (?)

I just use DHCP and configure the appropriate “network router-in-charge-of DHCP” to assign a fixed IPv4 reservation for the Farmbot’s WiFi or wired-Ethernet MAC address.

@jsimmonds Whoops! As you might have guessed, I don’t use static IPs myself. I forgot about that minor “detail”. Thanks for the update.