I have sent several emails but have not received a reply so I’ll give it a shot here.
I had a problem where the farmduino board stopped working. It lost all power and was pretty much dead. I plugged a raspberry pi power supply in and I had lights on the pi. I had my bot working properly for a couple of hours. Farmbot quickly sent me a replacement Farmduino 1.4 and I installed it.
I went through the configuration process that had worked for me originally. The raspberry pi had all the right lights etc but when I ran the configurator, the firmware flashed across to the farmduino but halfway through, the farmduino reset. There was an audible click, the lights stopped flashing quickly on the farmduino and the transfer stopped. The configurator went to the credentials page and reset the raspberry pi. I then had the flashing blue configure light.
- ensured the port is open to the internet. the ethernet port is totally unrestricted and I have tested it with several computers. it was working just fine with the exact same setup.
- used wifi instead
- used 5 different SD cards with all different versions of the farmbot os, all prepared with balena etcher.
- used the arduino IDE to put the firmware on the farmduino.
- replaced the power supply to ensure the power wasn’t dropping and causing the farmduino to reset.
- had the whole system tested by an electrician - the power point and power supply are correct.
- Replaced the raspberry pi and tried all of the different SD cards on that.
- Powered the raspberry pi with a raspberry pi adapter as well as the power from the farmduino.
- Changed the login and credentials for the bot.
- Created another farmbot account.
- Tested the old farmduino board - still as dead as it was before.
I have spent over 100 hours getting my farmbot going and I need it for my students. I am at a complete loss as to why it is not working. It is a very expensive piece of machinery that my bosses wanted working this week and at the moment, I have no answers for them. I have run the configuration process at least 50 times so I’m a bit frustrated with it. I have a team of IT guys available to help me but they haven’t been able to work it out either.
I am located in Hurstville, Sydney, Australia. If there is anybody that can point me in the right direction, local or otherwise, I’d be most grateful.
Danebank Anglican School for Girls